What We’re About
Passionately living the good news of Jesus Christ through the Anglican tradition of worship and beauty.
Why We Do It
Because of Jesus. He said that he’s “the light of the world.” An early disciple said Jesus is a light shining in a dark place. Jesus told all who follow him to be lights, too. That’s why we’re the way we are.
Who We Are
An intergenerational community of seekers in Pittsburgh trying to love and worship God the best we can, see everything sacramentally, re-imagine the ancient, encourage creativity, sing in tune, and eat lemon tarts.
Our core values include:
- belief in God’s presence as the center of all we say and do
- the summary of faith found in the Nicene Creed
- equal hospitality to Christians, other seekers, and the uncertain
- affinity for students, faculty, creatives, and all who like to be in community with them
- love of music as a gift and an offering
- desire to bridge ancient wisdom with contemporary expressions and contemporary yearning with ancient expressions
- worship which is elegant and simple, accessible to the uninitiated
- preaching and teaching which engage
- instruction about the worship arts
- transparency and openness in decision making and communication
- liberal passion for biblically informed social justice and global concern
- evangelical affection for the authority of Scripture, reasonably interpreted
- charismatic enthusiasm for spiritual gifts
- catholic values of tradition, contemplation, sacraments, and liturgy
- artful living
- expectant prayer